The Wonderful Life of Private Charity

3 Views· 06/01/23
admin
admin
Subscribers
0

Support Out of Frame on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/OutofFrameShow

Watch our newest video, "The 1970s are back. Yaaaayyyy.": https://youtu.be/pYnpnB0dj5s

Check out our podcast, Out of Frame: Behind the Scenes: https://www.youtube.com/channe....l/UCiS5rEmhnLwo1IG9b

What’s the best way to help people? No, it’s not through government aid or tax-funded social programs, but private charity.

Want to know more about the policies best able to help the poor rise up out of poverty? Download FEE’s Essential Guide to Poverty and Inequality:
https://info.fee.org/guide-to-poverty

________________
Sources:

http://www.philanthropyroundta....ble.org/almanac/stat
"71% of all contributions to charity are from private individuals. That number rises to 80% if you include all of the money the deceased have left to charities in their will!"

https://givingusa.org/giving-u....sa-2017-total-charit
This last year charitable donations in the US exceeded 390 billion dollars, which is an all time high.

https://www.theadvocates.org/e....ffective-government-
Roughly 70% of all money budgeted for government assistance gets spent upholding and maintaining the bureaucracies charged with the task of helping the poor. When you pay your taxes for the war on poverty, it’s more likely your money will end up in the pocket of a middle class public sector worker than with a poor person in need.

https://www.theadvocates.org/e....ffective-government-
http://www.ncpa.org/pdfs/st107.pdf
Private charities only spend 30% on infrastructure and employees, and the other 70% on the poor.

________________
Written by Seamus Coughlin & Sean Malone
Animated by Seamus Coughlin

Show more

 0 Comments sort   Sort By